Monday, November 22, 2010

Going Public

I definitely have some trepidations about going public with this blog, mostly because I have invested so much energy in hiding my struggles. Fawn and Zac assure me that this will help me along on my journey, but I'm a little afraid and a lot embarrassed! It is the exact opposite of what my instincts tell me to do. It is a leap of faith. Going public with my goals and being honest about where I want to be and where I am certainly does up the ante.

Here goes.... I have long treated myself poorly and too often put myself last, and am now embarking on a serious commitment to living a healthy lifestyle. I am convinced that this lifestyle change will embody the redemption of the journey I have been on. I want to accept the abundant and purposeful life God envisions for me, and to do so, I must end the emotional and physical mistreatment of myself through harsh self criticism and numbing my emotions with food and alcohol. My battle with weight and depression are outward signs of the inner struggle. This behavior has had me treading water for the last several years of my life, and I no longer accept that for myself. I choose an abundant life.

5 comments:

  1. Gabe! So glad you have decided to reach out and get help! Yes, being transparent and public about your journey can at times leave you feeling open and exposed...but it's such a beautiful thing. I have said it before and I will say it again, you are not alone on this journey! We are all dealing with the same struggles-but we WILL overcome! I am here for you of you need me. God will help you, trust Him. Congrats on the start of an AMazing journey! Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be following along Gabe. You've got the right people in your life to help you along. Blessings and my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, GABE! So glad that you have joined the amazing journey to a happy, healthy lifestyle! We will all be following and giving you extra guidance and confidence! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a strong and great thing you did asking for help. I was leary about posting but Zac and Fawn are right - it's great. It really helps you and others. Can't wait to see what's ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Journey! Remember you're not alone. =) It's hard to just be open about things we hide, but its even better b/c you have a sense of freedom.

    ReplyDelete